I tried out the two blog applications that Yahoo business includes with their website package. Both of them, suck. Actually, I should say that one of them sucks and the other's integration with Yahoo doesn't seem to be done well since I could never get into it. Yahoo allows you the option of using Movable Type or WordPress.
I was able to set up the Movable Type account through Yahoo. The admin interface for this blog application is pretty confusing. Moving around the settings and customization menu is a complicated process. Trying to set up categories and organize entries into categories took me a while to figure out and essentially is not very linear in a post's creation or editing workflow. Although it worked, it is very hard to use.
WordPress is the other option that Yahoo provides for you. Once I set this one up and tried to login I kept being told that I had an invalid username. I've deactivated and reactivated the WordPress blog each time and used various usernames and kept getting the same message. Even allowing it a few days before going back in to see if it required some extra time did not grant me access. WordPress just didn't seem to accept any of the set up information that Yahoo had taken during the blog creation.
So far this Blogger application was simple to set up, has easy labeling, and seems to be pretty user friendly. We'll see I guess as I try this out more.
No comments:
Post a Comment